In the previous tutorial, we saw how the WordPress dashboard looks like. Now we will see the settings in WordPress.
There are different types of Settings in WordPress. Let’s have a look on the first one which is “General Settings”.
After clicking on the “General” under “Settings”, we will see lots of options inside the General Settings. These options looks like:
Now let’s see each of these fields and learn about them.
- Site Title – Name of the site.
- Tagline – Short briefing about your site.
- WordPress Address (URL) – URL of your core files.
- Site Address (URL) – Enter the address here which you want your site home page to be different from your WordPress installation directory.
- Email Address – Your email address.
- Membership – If you check this, anyone can register on your website.
- New User Default Role – This is for newly registered member on your site.
- Timezone – Select the timezone based on your location.
- Date Format – Date format to be displayed on your website.
- Time Format – Time format to be displayed on your website.
- Week Starts on – Sets the day for which you want your week on your site to be started (by default it is on Monday).
This is all about general settings. Next, we will learn about “Writing Settings”